Duties & Responsibilities:
- Compliance monitoring to ensure the Bank is not being used for the laundering of funds, financing of terrorist activities or proliferation.
- Identification of potential areas of compliance vulnerability and risk, develop/implement corrective action plans for resolution of issues.
- Periodic management information system reports on the bank’s level of compliance;
- Staff training, awareness and advisory services on all compliance issues;
- Monitoring of emerging and external events to determine exposures and risk indicators using a risk-based approach
- Develop compliance frameworks for identification, assessment, monitoring, management and mitigation of financial crime and compliance risks;
- Development of robust compliance framework and risk management strategy
- Identification, assessment, monitoring, management and mitigation of financial crime and compliance risks within the Bank
- Ensure institutionalization of AML/CFT and Regulatory Compliance via independent review, evaluation and resolution.
- Collaborate with other departments on the implementation of Corporate Governance, Conduct & Ethics principles and anti-money laundering strategies across all strata of the bank.
- Create awareness among all staff and relevant stakeholders of the Bank’s compliance risk exposures and ways of preventing these from crystallizing.
- Establish compliance culture through staff training and awareness programs.
- Advisory services to board, senior management and staff on compliance & corporate governance issues.
- Periodic management information system reports on the bank’s level of compliance.
- Regulatory liaison, customer information management and reporting in line with regulation.
Key Performance Indicators:
- Timely customer & transactions monitoring and regulatory compliance scorecard.
- Timely resolution of corrective action plans and compliance initiatives.
- Timely periodic reporting to regulators, management and board.
- Timely advisory and training on compliance.
- A first degree or its equivalent in any discipline.
- Additional qualification or master’s degree in any business-related discipline would be an advantage
- Recognized professional certification e.g. CFA, CIS, ACCA, ACA, CFP, CFE, ACAMS, IT Certifications, etc.
- A minimum of 5 – 8 years post qualification experience at managerial level in Risk/Control functions within the Financial Services Industry.
Key Competency Requirements:
- Legal & Regulatory framework and environment
- Banking Operations (Domestic & International)
- Business Environment /Industry analysis
- Credit Analysis/Appraisal
- Accounting / Financial Analysis & Interpretation.
- Assets and Liability Management
- Business Strategy and Risk
- Investment / Portfolio Management
- Operational Risk Management
Skills & Competencies:
- TQM/ Documentation
- Research skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Methodical and systematic
- An enquiring and analytical mind
- Assertive and persuasive
- Attention to detail
- Good people & relationship management skills
- Excellent communication (oral & written)
- Proficient in the use of technology
- Self-motivated, result-driven, goal-oriented
- Excellent report writing skills
- Works well under extreme pressure and remains calm with the ability to prioritize
- Articulate, confident communicator and presenter
- Supervisory Skills
- Excellent administrative skills
- Leadership / Influence
- Team building / Management
- Conflict management and resolution
- Organization and coordination skills
- Coaching and Training