Responsibilities & Tasks:
The Technical Advisor supports the SKYE Programme in:
- Achieving the objectives, in the area of VET, formal technical education and apprenticeship
- Contributing to the development of national occupational standards and of curricula.
- Ensuring proper capacity development services to partners and the capacity development of individuals, networks, organisations or political institutions
- Developing training concepts, selection of training providers, training preparation and implementation.
- Ensuring that results of programme interventions are backed up by reliable data, well documented and visualised and contributes to the monitoring & evaluation of SKYE Programme.
- Developing proposals for additional interventions that support skills development.
- Both, independently and in collaboration with SKYE colleagues (and under the supervision of the team leader) in Abuja plan, design, prepare, organize, coordinate and implement interventions and activities e.g. training, seminars and workshops, budgets, networking events, linkages, awareness and sensitization campaigns.
- Supports the identification of consultants and trainers, drafting of ToRs and oversees and monitors the quality control and degree of goal achievement of the performance of national and international consultants.
- Provides strategic, operational and other technical support to stakeholders and partners on federal, state and local levels
- Assists and monitors the development and implementation of operational plans and activities in close consultation with counterparts to ensure quality and suggests necessary changes, improvements and initiatives.
- Supports and takes responsibility for the achievement of any other task as needed and assigned by the management
- Identify synergies and promote as well as coordinate activities with stakeholders and partners
- Specific tasks might include preparation, management and organization of training of trainers, support in the development of curricula, National occupational standards, implementing instruments to raise awareness on the employment opportunities in the VET sector, capacity development on all levels of the stakeholders.
- Facilitation of partnerships between the private sector and training institutions to ensure demand-oriented skills development with a specific focus on construction and agriculture / agro-processing sectors. The advisor should also scope for additional sectors with high employment potential.
- Coordination of Farmers Business School in Ogun state.
- Participation in the ATVET study as well as the development of ATVET fact sheet for Ogun state.
- Develops and implement Agricultural related activities in Ogun state.
- Implementation of short-term agricultural training.
- Participation in field research work/primary data collection for agricultural value chain analysis and skills gap analysis to assist in the curriculum development for crops in Ogun state.
- Active participation in the SEDEC Agriculture working group.
- Ensures knowledge transfer of relevant information to the unit or programme
- Documents and adequately labels all relevant files for future use on the relevant servers
- Prepares appropriate input for various unit/ programme reports including annual reports, presentations and contributes to the other reports required by the programme
- Assesses and analysis existing interventions in the country to support strategic decision-making and advisory services for partners.
- Assists in preparing, conducting and documenting internal meetings.
- Assists in preparing, conducting and documenting meetings with partners.
- Assists in keeping track of processes and actions required.
- May be assigned other tasks as required.
C. Required Qualifications, Competencies & Experience:
- Master’s Degree or MBA (or B.Sc. plus equivalent work experience) in Agribusiness, economics or in a similar area.
- Minimum of three (3) years of professional experience with national and international organisations, private sector companies or government institutions in the field of T/A-VET.
- Work experience in the field of vocational training, employment promotion or career guidance is an asset.
- Proven excellent knowledge of the English language, both oral and written
- Exceptional analytical, conceptional and organizational skills
- Proven good working knowledge of computer applications (e.g. MS Office Package)
- Willingness to strengthen skills and competencies as required by the task to be performed in line with measures agreed with the supervisor and management
- Willingness to travel to the field and other programmes offices in Nigeria
- Good communication skills
- A good team player who is willing to take on responsibility
- Experience in the Nigerian TVET sector
- Experience with Dual Vocational Training Systems
- Desired work experience in Ogun State, knowledge of TVET institutions and agencies (such as NDE, technical colleges, TVET Board etc.) on ground or region
- Skills in data collection, analysis and visualization is considered a strong asset
- International exposure
- Knowledge in issues of gender equality
- Knowledge of value chain development
- Knowledge of security-related skills