The Senior Program Manager will be responsible for WRA Nigeria’s programs and activities, managing delivery and coordinating with internal and external staff, data management of advocacy campaigns and projects, leading project delivery and managing teams, provide overall leadership in the design and delivery of WRA Nigeria programs. The managers overarching focus includes; strategy, grant management and fundraising, financial management, stakeholder management including the board, and guiding programmatic delivery.
The White Ribbon Alliance (WRA) is a people-led movement for reproductive health. WRA is a global network of maternal health advocates campaigning for more resources and the right policies to prevent the deaths of women in pregnancy and childbirth. WRA amplifies the voices of citizens ensuring that citizens who bear the greatest burden of health are at the center of the health care decision-making, implementation, and monitoring. The alliance has a global secretariat and 14 national alliances. White Ribbon Alliance, Nigeria (WRA Nigeria) is one of them. WRA Nigeria engages the Nigerian government and empowers citizens to advocate for reforms in reproductive, maternal, adolescent, newborn, and child health policymaking.
Reports to: Executive Director
- Develop and manage work plans that support WRA Nigeria’s advocacy objectives and reporting requirements
- Manage advocacy campaign and project strategy development and implementation
- Manage activity planning and implementation, and monitoring and evaluation, including supporting logistics for all meetings, such as advocacy workshops.
- Document project activities and write project activity reports; collect and maintain records as part of the results management plan
- Work with Executive Director to monitor (sub)grant spending and ensure compliance with (sub)grant and donor requirements, and propose revisions to the budget or work plan, as necessary
- Lead coordination for grant identification, grant matrix population, and proposal writing, monitor the timeline, and status of the proposal, and communicate to the relevant parties as appropriate.
- A university degree in Public health, Sociology, or a related field of study
- Masters’ degree in public health, Project management, or another related field of study
- Proficiency in MS Office applications (Outlook, Word, Excel, and PowerPoint)
- Proficiency in cloud software applications (Skydrive, DropBox, Google Docs)
- Minimum of 10 years experience in a management position
- Prior experience working in NGO in Nigeria
- Prior experience in a program-related role
- Experience leading advocacy campaigns with a successful track record
Key Skills and Competencies:
The Senior Program Manager should demonstrate competence in all of the following:
- Program Management: Understand program design and implementation.
- Strategic Management: Understand the formulation and implementation of goals, objectives, plans, and initiatives for organizational benefits.
- Stakeholders Management: Establish system and matrices for effective stakeholders’ management.
- Communicate Effectively: Speak, listen and write in a clear, thorough, and timely manner including by phone with several stakeholders; Articulate the foundations’ mission, and program objectives with relevant stakeholders
- Foster Teamwork: Work cooperatively and effectively with others to set goals, resolve problems, and make decisions that enhance organizational effectiveness.
- Make Decisions: Assess situations to determine the importance, urgency, and risks, and make clear decisions that are timely and in the best interests of the organization; Proactively take actions necessary to produce results and be able to work independently/with little guidance.
- Solve Problems: Assess problem situations to identify causes, gather and process relevant information, generate possible solutions, and make recommendations and/or resolve the problem.
- Analytical skills: demonstrated ability to take responsibility for a diverse number of activities and to complete them in a timely manner; deadline-driven, and able to manage multiple projects and engagements simultaneously.
Type of contract: One-year renewable contract
Deadline: July 6th, 2022