The job holder is responsible for all commercial and contractual activities associated with bid preparation and submission of tender proposals. He/she works closely with multiple teams focusing on continuous revenue growth across new and additional business opportunities, especially the cable division.
- Minimum Qualification:Degree
- Experience Level:Senior level
- Experience Length:7 years
- Responsible for overall quality and accuracy of all tenders.
- Ensure the company’s growth is attained by articulating new business opportunities (cable division), identifying, negotiating, and managing relationships with technical partners in line with corporate goals.
- Organize, manage, and develop contacts, accounts, leads, and opportunities.
- Highlight any major commercial, contractual, or financial risks or issues relating to the tender submission within the Potential for Loss document and work with the relevant personnel to ensure an optimum solution.
- Act as the first point of contact for external customers, management, suppliers, and sub-contractors.
- Provide all commercial and contractual advice to the management team including historical data to assist with the pricing strategy of the tender.
- Oversee the preparation of tenders with a full understanding of bid conditions and company procedures, ensuring tenders are submitted on time.
- Review enquiry documents to establish bid strategy and maximise the probability of success.
- Identify prospects and develop sales strategies to penetrate and get new accounts including the preparation of presentations and tenders.
- Meet new and existing clients as necessary, performing demonstrations of projects that are specifically aimed to meet clients’ business needs.
- Respond to incoming Requests for Information (RFIs), and Requests for Proposals (RFPs) in a professional and creative manner.
- Liaise with internal and external clients to ensure the smooth process of the project, liaising with both to manage issues and contacting senior management in exceptional situations.
- Provide leadership and follow-up with clients during the initial phases of an engagement, ensuring total client satisfaction through the life cycle of the relationship.
- Negotiate with customers and suppliers to agree on terms acceptable to the customer and the company.
- Develop and maintain relationships with OEMs/suppliers in conjunction with Procurement and Sourcing Department, communicate requirements to and negotiate with partners in other areas of the business to adequately resource tenders.
- Attend industry trade shows, conferences, industry events, and professional associations as required
- Perform any other duties or tasks consistent with the role.
- Minimum of a Bachelor’s degree in Electrical Engineering or a relevant field with a commercial/tendering/sales background.
- Possession of professional qualifications such as COREN, MNSE etc.
- Minimum of seven (7) years experience in a tendering or project environment, preferably in the power/ oil and gas process application.
- Knowledge of Power industry with reference to cable industry is a plus.
- Good commercial project management skills with ability to interpret and respond to complex technical specifications and documentation.
- Good knowledge of tender preparation process.
- Good problem analysis and solving skills matched by holistic approach to issues.
- Ability to push beyond the obvious to find innovative solutions.
- Strong numerical and analytical skills.
- Good organizational, relationship management, teamwork, and networking skills.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Ability to manage multiple priorities with strong negotiation skills.
- Must possess excellent presentation skills.
- Competent in the use of MS office tools.
- Demonstrable experience in relationship building with industry executives at trade shows, conferences, etc.
- Should possess the ability to work effectively and efficiently toward goals in a complex, diverse environment with multiple and changing demands.
- Ability to demonstrate drive, passion, and flexibility.
- Must possess a ‘can do’ attitude, with a strong focus for getting results.
- Must be intelligent, presentable, and articulate.
- Personable and influential.
Create Your Profressional CV Now