- Write and submit security reports
- Provide security
- Maintain law and order in the area of jurisdiction
- Monitor staff by patrolling with them
- Assign work areas for officers to patrol
- Protect the people and property
- Conduct routine patrols with team
- Look out for suspicious persons, vandalism or hazards
- Respond to alarms and distress calls
- Ensure all security systems, like the burglar alarms and CCTV are working properly
Security supervisors are required to possess the following skills, knowledge, and abilities to perform maximally on the job:
- Good communication skills.
- Critical thinking skills.
- Must be able to observe situations and make an appropriate response.
- Must be able to work with speed.
- Must have previous experience as a security guard.
- Must have a valid driver’s license.
- Must have no criminal record.