- The Content Acquisitions team is responsible for the licensing of all off-network content – including Feature and Indie films, Latino, International, and Syndicated Series – for the entire spectrum of our, SVOD and Premium Pay services.
- Our virtuous life cycle begins with major and indie filmmakers building relationships and negotiating terms of licensing including broadcast dates, runs, license fees, and SVOD rights.
- The Intern will participate in various facets of the content acquisition process, with a focus on the research and historical analysis portion of this cycle. (Includes evaluation and monitoring of the broadcasting and SVOD markets which aids to determine available series, films, and surface competitor negotiation)
- Identify possible acquisition targets that align with programming needs (through Major, and Indie filmmakers
- Track major happenings within the competitive streaming landscape locally and internationally to ensure CTV is getting the most expansive grant of rights.
- Screen referenced content for possible acquisition.
- Write coverage if/when interested
- Compile and update film and series meta-data
- Research and collect details for content ratings and advisories Special series & SVOD/AVOD DTC projects
Part-time hours: 12 per week
Skills, Qualifications, and other requirements:
- Film, Theater or Television Major or background in Entertainment Law
- An impassioned approach to film and television
- Commercial awareness
- Proficiency in Excel and PowerPoint
- Strong organizational and prioritization skills
- Attention to detail
- Adaptability / Flexibility/Teamwork