Main duties and responsibilities:
- Perform preventive maintenance and repair on all switchgear control circuits, generators, contactors and relays in accordance with procedures and manufacturers’ recommendations
- Repairs and maintains electrical equipment in generating station or powerhouse: Tests defective equipment to determine the cause of malfunction or failure, using voltmeters, AMP Meters, and related electrical testing apparatus
- Repair and replace equipment, such as relays, switches, supervisory controls, and indicating and recording instruments
- Test and repair switchboard and electrical system, interpreting wiring diagrams to trace and connect numerous wires carrying current for independent functions
- Clean and repair commutators, windings, and bearings of generators, and motors
- Test and maintain transmission equipment, performing such duties as oiling circuit breakers and generators
- Perform effective troubleshooting to identify hazards or malfunctions and repair or substitute damaged units
- Monitor loading; operate power generation equipment in an efficient and economical manner
- Monitor operation of all power generation electrical components to ensure proper operation
- Inspect electrical power generation systems to ensure that no faults exist
- Prevent breakdown of systems by routinely inspecting, cleaning and replacing old wiring and insulated cables
- Keep logs of work and make service report on issues resolved at the power plant, client site or TPN workshop
- Provide professional assistance to expatriate electricians during all kinds of service-related jobs
- Ensure availability of parts and supplies by assessing jobs and determining spare parts/assemblies that are needed for the job
- Ensure all tools provided in the assigned toolbox is complete and kept clean at all times
- Observe all health and safety regulations in accordance with TPN and client’s safety policies and manuals
- Perform all work in compliance with applicable codes, standards, safety and environmental regulation
- Ensure proper use and maintenance of Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) in accordance with provided instructions
- Any other job assigned by your Supervisor
Key Performance Indicators (KPI):
- Proper documentation and timely reporting.
- Consistently follows safe work practices and encourages others to follow safe work practices.
- Perform scheduled maintenance and preventive repairs on all electrical systems, equipment and machinery.
- Carry out regular tests and inspections to access potential problems.
- Monitor operation of all power generation electrical components to ensure that systems are operating at their highest level of functionality.
- Proper toolbox maintenance.
Knowledge, Skill & Experience:
- Must possess a degree in Electrical Engineering or relevant discipline
- Minimum 7 years relevant experience as an Electrical Service Engineer
- Working and demonstrable knowledge of programming CDVR, siemens HMI-PLC, Siprotec, ECM, Woodward (Easygen, load share module, LS5) etc.
- Demonstrable knowledge of 11KV panels including switching and breakers
- Proven knowledge of Siemens Software
- Must have proven knowledge of how to work with electrical systems and use various hand tools (e.g. wire strippers and voltmeter)
- Must possess clear and accurate reporting skills as well as proficient written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent organizational and multi-tasking skills with solid attention to detail
- Must possess sound troubleshooting knowledge and skills with the ability to find and solve problems quickly
- Experience in the use of ET for troubleshooting is a plus
- Demonstrate sound technical experience either in power plant operations, or its equivalent
- Proven experience in the understanding and interpretation of electrical drawings and blueprints
- Problem Analysis
- Customer Orientation
Gross salary: NGN400,000 Monthly (negotiable)