We are looking to hire a suitable candidate for this position.
- Perform microbiological testing of raw materials, work-in-process, and finished product for product approval and release.
- Support development and implement plant-wide Microbiological Control Program
- Support, maintain and utilize SPC systems to drive continuous improvement, identify trends and draw conclusions.
- Assist with product, equipment, and C&S validations.
- Maintain lab equipment and calibrations.
- Complete Failure Investigations and properly document Out of Specification results
- Support implementation and role out of Global Quality Standards
- Provide product release notification to Colgate distribution system and SAP transactions.
- Provide support to the facility to resolve nonconformance issues and identify corrective and preventative actions.
- Approve raw materials shipments and ensure Raw Material Purchasing Specification is met on the CofA’s.
- The position does require flexibility (sick, vacation coverage, etc.) so as to best meet the facility’s needs and support projects.
- Minimum academic qualification of a Bachelors Degree in Microbiology or related Science.
- Must have a minimum 3-5 years of Practical Laboratory experience.
- Practical Knowledge of laboratory working environment is required through job experience or college classwork
- Working Knowledge and practical Experience with good laboratory practices (GLP’s) - General Microbiological laboratory practices, Instrumentation (Celsis, autoclaves, gram staining, water purification system, etc), failure investigation of nonconforming product, and general computer skills (i.e. MS Word, MS Excel, SPC, SAP, e-mail).
- Must understand basic lab safety and chemical waste disposal.
- Results Orientation - Displays a high energy level, and puts top priority in getting results
- Ability to Make decisions and communicate effectively while under pressure
- Team Building/Relationship Building - Develops relationships with people throughout the facility
- Communication - Speaks and writes effectively, and keeps people up to date with information. Maintains lab notebooks and testing documentation.
- Innovation - Generates innovative ideas and solutions to problems and stimulates others to continuous improvement.
- Demonstrated knowledge of Microbiology, validations, cGMP, and instrumentation
Remuneration: NGN 250,000 - 300,000