The Head of Financial Control will support the Managing Director in developing and overseeing the execution of finance, treasury, and management strategy that enables the achievement of long-term goals and operational plans. The job holder will oversee the bank’s financial planning and strategy, financial management and control, treasury management, tax, and other oversight functions.
- Contributes to the formation of the business strategy and ensures that all financial policies, procedures, and systems are sound
- Provides financial direction, planning, and accounting to the business, covering short-term and long-term financial goals
- Management of treasury and investment to ensure optimal liquidity and negotiate/arrange external finance when required
- Monitors banking activities and ensures regular reconciliations of all banking transactions
- Develops plans, budgets, forecasts, and financial results to guide management decisions by forecasting, analyzing variances, and initiating corrective actions
- Monitors financial performance by measuring and analyzing results; initiating corrective actions; minimizing the impact of variances
- Oversee the activities of external auditors, CBN, and NDIC examiners and ensure 100% compliance with set guidelines
- Manage relationships with regulatory and statutory bodies, i.e. LIRS, FIRS, etc.
- Ensures adequate insurance coverage on all operational activity
- Ensures adequate controls are installed and maintained to cover all financial transactions, including safeguarding financial assets.
- Oversees activities of employees and teams (i.e. coaches, appraises, rewards, motivates, discipline, etc.).
- Oversee any outsourced accounting functions
- Ensure that financial reports comply with the International Financial reporting standard (IFRS) and constantly keep abreast of developments in the space
- Authorize expenditure/ transactions in line with the bank’s approval limits
- Flexibility to carry out any other task as requested by Management
- HND/BSc/ in Accounting, Economics, or a related field
- Evidence of completion/ exemption of/from NYSC
- Professional qualifications such as ICAN, ACA, ACCA
- Minimum of five (5) years experience in a similar role at a financial institution
- Evidence of completion of Microfinance Certification program
- Knowledge of Financial management systems, accounting policies, and standards, tax management, cost accounting, etc.
- Treasury and investment management experience
- Knowledge of the Microfinance banking framework
- Strong working knowledge of Excel
- Strong presentation and financial modeling skills
- High attention to detail.
- Strong budget and management skills, including proven ability to manage projects/processes.
- Ability to adapt to change quickly and multi-task.
- Ability to deal with ambiguity, tight timelines, multiple priorities, and demanding customers, in a fast-moving, constantly changing environment.
- A high degree of professionalism, maturity, and confidentiality.
- Strong oral, written interpersonal, and presentation skills.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to work within and manage a team of professionals, guiding and coordinating towards achieving common objectives.
- Conflict resolution and/or mediation skills
- Influencing and Negotiation skills
- Strong leadership and excellent interpersonal skills.
Remuneration: is open to negotiation based on experience and qualifications.