Responsible for Financial/Management reporting, ensuring seamless financial operations and compliance with fiscal, statutory, and regulatory requirements. Maintains integrity of the balance sheet and provides insight into the financial performance of the business.
- Minimum Qualification:Degree
- Experience Level:Senior level
- Experience Length:6 years
- Monitor the day-to-day financial operations within the company to include payroll, payables & receivables, Fixed Assets, and other transactions
- Responsible for month-end close and preparing monthly management reports with full analysis and insightful comments to aid long and short-term decision making.
- Track the company’s financial status and performance and identify areas for potential improvement
- Ensure timely and accurate preparation of the business financial statements in line with appropriate reporting standards and organisational accounting policies.
- Periodically review all postings, ensuring compliance with Group accounting policies and procedures, as well as statutory provisions.
- Oversee the reconciliation of various general ledger accounts, ensuring in-depth investigation of errors and their prompt resolution.
- Approve entries to be posted for the purpose of correcting errors and irregularities in the general ledger and other accounts.
- Oversee the preparation of periodic (monthly, quarterly, semi-annual, and annual) financial statements (Profit and Loss, Balance Sheet, Cash Flows, etc.).
- Preparing short- and long-term business plans and tracking performance periodically
- Preparing financial models for investment decision analysis
- Working with the Chief Finance Officer, design appropriate management reporting frameworks and dashboards to enable easy monitoring of company performance and enable seamless management decision making.
- Presentation of financial reports to the senior management team
- Maintaining the integrity of the balance sheet
- Maintaining the charts of accounts and regular updates
- Preparing the audited financial statements and liaising with External Auditors
- Developing and managing financial systems/models
- Understand and comply with regulatory, fiscal, and statutory requirements
- Identify and monitor risk, and minimise financial risk to the company
- Oversee the finance departments staff; supervising, coaching, and mentoring the staff
- Prepare periodic reports and perform other duties as required/requested by the Chief Finance Officer.
- First degree in Accounting, Finance, Economics, or other numerate disciplines.
- Relevant professional qualifications will be an added advantage (e.g. ACCA, ICAN, ACA, CIMA, CPA, CFA).
- 6 - 8 years experience in accounting/financial management with at least (2) years at the supervisory level.
- Strong understanding of IFRS implications and applications in the oil and gas industry.
- Strong understanding of project accounting/long term construction contract
- Excellent appreciation of accounting processes and controls.
- Very strong data analysis and reporting skills.
- Mature individual, able to relate effectively across the board while maintaining professional detachment and assertiveness.
- Good organisational and personal effectiveness skills.
- The person must be able to work effectively with little or no supervision.
- Excellent proficiency in the use of office productivity tools, particularly Microsoft Excel.
- Must be confident and able to relate well with employees across all levels of the organisation
- Ability to think analytically
- Well organised, accurate, and with high attention to detail
- Ability to work successfully in a team and manage the team
- Young and energetic
- Must maintain confidentiality at all times
Create Your Profressional CV Now