The Nurturing Tree
Early Years Practitioner
Trades & Services
Nigeria - Lagos | Full Time | NGN 75,000 - 150,000
- Early Years Practitioners develop the social and communication skills of children and provide a safe and secure environment in which the child can learn. They build and maintain relationships with parents and guardians to further support pupils, as well as operate within multi-agency networks to ensure the correct support is available.
- Early Years Practitioners record observations and summarise the children’s achievements. They focus on optimum child development and preparation for a successful transition to primary school education.
- Early Years Teachers teach all areas of the foundation stage, which is focused on helping children to achieve early learning goals. Work carried out includes;
- Motivating and stimulating children’s learning abilities, often encouraging learning through experience
- Providing pastoral care and support to children and providing them with a secure environment to learn
- Developing and producing visual aids and teaching resources
- Organising learning materials and resources and making imaginative use of resources
- Assisting with the development of children’s personal, social, and language abilities
- Supporting the development of children’s basic skills, including physical coordination, speech, and communication
- Encouraging children’s mathematical and creative development through stories, songs, games, drawing, and imaginative play
- Developing children’s curiosity and knowledge
- Working with others including teaching assistants and class aids to plan and coordinate work both indoors and outdoors
- Sharing knowledge gained with other practitioners and parents
- Observing, assessing, and recording each child’s progress
- Attending in-service training
- Ensuring the health and safety of children and staff is maintained during all activities, both inside and outside the nursery or school
- Keeping up to date with changes in the curriculum and developments in best practice
- Mentor any member of staff under your supervision in your room
- The individual should have a minimum of a National Certificate in Education, a degree would however be preferred.
- Applicants must have their Teachers Registration Council of Nigeria.
Create Your Profressional CV Now