- Plan, maintain and execute policies to ensure the security of our data, information systems, and technology.
- Plan and implement periodical live disaster recovery testing to establish the functionality of backups.
- Identify the critical processes and systems that are core to our company’s continued business operation, and ensure their security by regular disaster recovery tests.
- Make sure that disaster recovery policies and standards are observed in our company-wide disaster recovery plans.
- Assist with managing the service providers who help with sustaining and improving our disaster recovery capabilities to ensure access to data, and switch to alternative suppliers if necessary.
- Work with internal and external auditors by responding to requests and providing the relevant, required information.
What you have:
- A university degree in computer science or a related field
- A minimum of two years of direct experience in planning and executing disaster recovery
- Hands-on experience in Linux and cloud computing (AWS, GCP, and other IAAS)
- Experience in networking and configuration management tools such as Chef, Ansible, and SaltStack
- Experience in cloud orchestration (terraform or similar)
- Experience in database administration experience with high availability database clusters
- Extensive knowledge of industry-standard information security and disaster recovery best practices
- Familiarity with legacy and modern application architectures and related technologies (web applications, service-oriented architecture, microservices), network protocols, and storage and backup services
- Ability to predict, identify, and define potential threats
- Strong communication and collaboration skills and the ability to interface with all levels of the company
- Exceptional English communication skills (both spoken and written)
What we’ll give you:
- Exciting work challenges
- Cooperative work environment
- Career advancement opportunities
- Market-based salary
- Annual performance bonus
- Health benefits
- Casual dress code
- Travel and internet allowances
We’re Deriv. We’re all about trading. We’re the geeky upstarts who pioneered an industry. That was more than 20 years ago, and we’re still going strong. Today, we work across continents and serve over a million traders from around the globe.
Join us. Grow with us.
You’ll be part of our Disaster Recovery team. We are responsible for recovering systems and restoring data in case of disruption. With strong business continuity and disaster recovery plans, we ensure the trust of our customers.
Location: Cyberjaya, Malaysia
About the location:
Cyberjaya is a well-planned township with no shortage of residences, restaurants, retail outlets, and recreational facilities. Blending urban development with nature, Cyberjaya is rich with lush greenery, lakes, and parks, making it ideal for work and play. The Maju Expressway (MEX) conveniently connects Cyberjaya to Kuala Lumpur city and the rest of the Klang Valley, while the Dedicated Transport Services (DTS) provides reliable transportation for those commuting to and from Cyberjaya. Thirty minutes away from KL city centre, our Cyberjaya office is where you can experience the ultimate work-life balance.