The Chief Finance Officer (“CFO”) occupies the top financial position within a company. The CFO is responsible for a range of activities, including accounting, fundraising, risk management, acquisitions, and strategic planning. The ideal CFO should serve as a chief advisor to the Chief Executive Officer (“CEO”) and ensure that the company is financially viable and positioned for long-term growth. The CFO is responsible for understanding and measuring key drivers of performance.
- Develop a strategic direction for the business, along with supporting tactics, and monitor the progress of the company in meeting its strategic goals.
- Oversee the formulation of the annual budget.
- Develop robust business cases to assess funding needs and expansion initiatives.
- Develop a system of analytics and performance metrics that support the company’s understanding of its strategic direction.
- Manage the accounting, treasury, IT, and tax departments.
- Participate in the functions and decisions of the executive management team.
- Implement operational best practices throughout all areas of responsibility.
- Oversee the compilation of financial information into financial statements with accompanying disclosures. Ensure the numbers are accurate.
- Report financial results to management, the Board of Directors, and shareholders.
- Understand the current and potential risks to which the business is subjected, and take steps to mitigate risks, including the use of control systems, shifting risk to other parties, and insurance coverage.
- Report on risk issues to the Board of Directors.
- Ensure that the business complies with regulatory and other legal requirements.
- Review and act upon the findings and recommendations of internal and external auditors.
- Monitor projected cash balances.
- Arrange for financing to meet future cash requirements.
- Invest excess funds based on projected cash balances.
- Maintain relationships with banks, lenders, and shareholders.
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance, Accounting, or any related discipline.
- Professional qualifications e.g., ICAN, ACCA, CFA is required.
- A post-graduate degree/MBA will be an added advantage.
- A minimum of 10+ years of experience in senior management in a reputable organization is required.
- Great attention to detail and good analytical skills are needed.
- Excellent leadership, and communication and presentation skills are required.
- Excellent negotiation and stakeholder management skills are required.
Remuneration: NGN 30,000,000 - 40,000,000 (Per year)