Duties & Responsibilities:
- Ensure cost consciousness and savings in all head office department negotiations for settlement out of court or payment of Solicitors fees
- Make recommendations to Management for matters to be resolved amicably, where applicable
- Effective and proactive litigation portfolio management
- To prepare Leases on Bank Premises, Assignments, Bonds, etc.
- To prepare Deeds of Release of charges for sealing at the Company Secretariat
- To prepare legal Mortgage Forms and other documents for securitization of facilities.
- To arrange for searches at the Land Registry and Corporate Affairs Commission, Abuja through a local external Solicitor.
- To monitor States Edicts and Federal Decrees particularly those affecting the operation of the Bank and to bring them to the attention of the Management.
- To pay the Solicitors fees on perfection using the approved scale of fees.
- To recommend to Management, the payment of external Solicitors bill in respect of litigation matters for approval.
- To attend Heads of Departments meetings and advice on legal issues arising at such meetings.
- To attend other meetings with Customers law enforcement agencies as may be required
- To recommend any suitable Solicitor to Head Office for inclusion as an external solicitor
- To write opinions on any contentious or unfavourable judgment in Court against any department and the
- Bank so as to enable Management to take a decision as to filing a Motion for Stay of Execution and a Notice of Appeal
Key Performance Indicator:
- Perfection of Securities and ensuring proper securitization of documents
- Regular visits to Branches to scrutinize perfected securities and ensure rectification
- To regularly liaise with external Solicitors handling Bank cases.
- To vet pleadings/draft agreements and securities prepared by external Solicitors and liaise with Head Office on issues arising therefrom
- Minimum education level –LL.B, B.L from a recognized University.
- 3- 5 years experience.
Key Competency Requirements:
Skill & Competencies: