Essential Job Functions:
- Plan and design buildings along with a team of Architects. Brainstorm project ideas, complete design drawings in AutoCAD and assist in reviewing project proposals, remaining a part of the process from conception through development.
- Complete and file much of the paperwork that is involved in the design process. Create proposals and complete construction paperwork for buildings. In order to ensure that projects follow legal specifications and company procedures, ensure all required documents and paperwork are submitted before the construction process is started.
- Maintains communication with all parties involved in the project. He or she communicates with the contractors to monitor the progress of a project and sometimes communicates with clients as well, noting their requests, answering their questions and sending them project updates.
- Coordinates the details of an architectural project. This includes building specifications, dimensions, assisting with initial project research and outlining project schedules and tasks.
- Reviews shop drawings, specifications, cost estimates and construction material recommendations submitted by outside architects and contractors to ensure adherence to contract and notifies Architect of discrepancies.
- Analyses space utilization effectiveness and changing demands for space needs: recommends actions to meet new requirements.
- Assists in conducting preliminary studies of proposed projects to obtain information as to space and design requirements, obtaining measurements and making sketches preliminary to the preparation of drawing.
- Minimum HND/ Bachelor’s Degree in Architecture
- Demonstrating proficiency in AUTOCAD and or Revit.
- Architectural & Engineering Design Interpretation
- Experience producing construction documents
- Construction Industry Dynamics
- Engineering and Technology
- Project Management
- Creativity & Innovation
- Organization/Administrative competency.
- Relationship Management
- Team playing
- Minimum of 5 years post NYSC relevant experience in similar roles
Create Your Profressional CV Now