- The Advisor will work within the Unit on Enabling Environment for Renewable Energy and Energy Efficiency Investments.
- The Advisor will support the Head in the general management of the Unit.
Under the direct supervision of the Head of Unit the Advisor, Import Process for Renewable Energy and Energy Efficiency will:
1. Support the streamlining of import procedures and practices on the importation of RE/EE equipment:
- Development of guideline on import process and customs procedures on the importation of RE/EE equipment.
- Reviewing existing framework and procedure for importation of RE/EE equipment.
- Facilitating and steering policy level cooperation agreement towards a streamlined import process for renewable energy and energy efficiency equipment.
- Coordinating with GIZ ECOWAS programme, NESP procurement team and other components on import related issues.
- Organizing market survey (sector studies) on import process for RE/EE equipment and gap analysis.
2. Explore digital solutions in the context of renewable energy and energy efficiency importation procedures and practices:
- Developing concepts for digital solutions regarding the topics on importation process for RE/EE equipment.
- Supporting digitalization of import documentation (based on UN-ADS) and upgrading import-export commodity database (IECD) for RE/EE equipment.
3. Activity Coordination:
- Organizing field missions and events (for NESP local partners and/or consultants incl. workshops, awareness campaigns, meetings, study tour, trainings, etc).
- Capacity building for key partners including Federal Ministry of Finance, Nigeria Customs Service, Nigeria Ports Authority, Terminal Operators and Clearing Agents at the port.
- Supporting project planning, implementation and coordination of activities (incl. ToRs for consultants, concepts, budgeting, review of consultants’ invoices, sector studies and reporting).
- Reviewing project’s operational plan periodically to ensure that proposed activities are meeting specified outputs in line with the project’s indicators
4. Overarching tasks:
- Knowledge management of the work results (organize and update project documentation, filing, data base).
- Ensure communication and visibility of the results in line with NESP’s Communication and Visibility Plan/Strategy.
- Support in the planning, monitoring and evaluation of Unit activities (incl. drawing up monitoring/progress reports).
- Establish collaborations with public and private partners including the Federal Ministry of Finance, Nigeria Customs Service, Nigeria Ports Authority, Terminal Operators and Clearing Agents at the port
- Is familiar with all components of the programme, concepts and status of implementation and knows the corresponding experts and staff.
- Represents the interest of the GIZ-assisted measure and always acts on its behalf.
- Carries out important tasks for the programme, even if these are not explicitly cited in the job description.
- Performs other duties and tasks at the request of the management.
Required qualifications, Competences and Experience:
- A university degree in energy studies, electrical engineering, business administration, economics or any relevant field of study. A Masters’ degree is an added advantage.
Professional Competencies and Experience:
- 5 years of relevant experience in the energy sector with demonstrated ability in implementing renewable and energy efficiency projects.
- Knowledge of renewable energy and energy efficiency technologies.
- Knowledge of renewable energy and energy efficiency policies, regulations and plans in Nigeria.
- Familiar with renewable energy and energy efficiency stakeholders in Nigeria.
- Knowledge of custom’s procedures and environment is regarded as an asset.
- Hands-on project management experience and ability to efficiently manage numerous activities simultaneously, a flair for problem-solving and an ability to self-navigate through complex bureaucratic environments.
Other Knowledge and Additional Competencies:
- Fluent written and oral knowledge of English. Knowledge of local languages would be an asset.
- A very good working knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
- Experience with internet-based information platforms and aspects of digitalization would be an asset.
- Ability and willingness to travel regularly to any region in Nigeria (including seaports and land borders).