To manage and further develop all aspects of the school’s day-to-day financial operations. To provide information, advice, and guidance on matters relating to finances.
Budget Management, Reporting, and Analysis
- Evaluating information to prepare a realistic and balanced budget for the school and forecast annual budgets
- Maintain accurate financial data, including accurate monthly financial statements.
- Monitoring financial performance and analysing the cost-benefit performance of operations.
- Identifying causes of significant variance and taking prompt corrective action.
- Proposing revisions to the budget if necessary in response to unforeseen developments.
- Giving weekly financial reports to the Head of School
- Preparing written monthly financial statements
- Assist in the review of policies as applicable and make recommendations for improvements
- Responsible for accuracy and integrity of accounting records
Daily Financial Operations
- Ensure accurate and timely billing of tuition and collection of fees.
- Manage cash flow including petty cash bookkeeping.
- Salary calculations, payroll, and payslips.
- Ensure accurate management of the fixed asset register.
- Pay suppliers/vendors in a timely manner.
- Employee loan and tax funds.
- Administering POS transactions and other payment gateways.
- Ensuring all budgets remain up-to-date and accurate
- Liaise with various stakeholders.
Audit, Tax, and Compliance
- Maintain a continuous audit programme for all funds
- Oversight of all tax-related tasks, including statutory tax returns, company returns, tax rate checks, receiving of tax exemption cards, etc.
- Ensure that the accounting and financial system is set to comply with applicable laws, regulations, and required standards
- Creating and maintaining an appropriate internal control manual that is up to date and in line with best practice
- Ensuring compliance in the adoption and execution of internal procedures
- Working with tax consultants and legal attorneys as appropriate and needed.
- Assist in required audit/compliance matters as needed.
- At least 3 years of experience with an accounting system including practical accounting, processes, systems, and rules
- Excellent English language communication (written and oral) skills
- Computer literate, with an emphasis on accounting systems and familiarity with Quickbooks and Google Sheets
- Ability to prioritise workload to ensure that deadlines are met without compromising standards or circumventing procedure
- Varied and relevant experience in managing a financial accounting function, including audit work
- An eye for detail whilst maintaining an objective approach to materiality
- The ability to quickly grasp the financial impact of proposals
- A flexible and cooperative approach to work
- Experience of working in a similar capacity, ideally in a school and/or with children or a customer-service driven environment